Terms & Conditions
Travel Trailer and RV Rental Agreement
- Reservation, Payments, Deposits & Cancel Terms
- Rental Payments and Deposits
- PAYMENT POLICY: A deposit is required to complete the reservation. The remaining balance of the reservation is due 30 days prior to the rental start date. The refundable security deposit will be charged the day before your reservation starts. The payment method MUST be the same name as the reservation holder.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: The security deposit is provided as security against damage to the rental, theft, late check-out and violation of any renter’s agreement contained in this agreement. An inspection is done after each check-out for any damage done to real or personal property. The renter(s) shall be liable and solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury to any person or loss sustained by any person. MCR hereby agrees to indemnify and hold MCR harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to renter(s) use of premises or items provided therein. Renter(s) assumes the risk of injury or other losses relating to any recreational activities and will hold MCR harmless with respect thereto. Renter(s) agrees to indemnify MCR for any damages to the dwelling, grounds, furnishings, and household items. In the event that damage results from a renter(s) occupancy, MCR is authorized to utilize the credit card on file or the cash security deposit to cover said damages or additional cleaning costs, including the charging or billing of any additional amounts that exceed the deposit held. MCR is not responsible for articles left on premises. There will be a $10.00 charge in addition to shipping charges for handling the return of any articles found by housekeeping. Lost & Found will be held for 30 Days. After such time all items will be donated to charity. In the event of an insurance claim renter understands that they may be charged more than one deductible if the insurance provider decides damages to be considered separate insurance claims.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUND: A security deposit is authorized to be charged for the booking of the rental. Any damage to the rental unit is the responsibility of the renter and will be deducted from the security deposit. MCR has up to 7 days from the return of the unit to inspect the unit for damages and contact the customer. The security deposit will be returned within another 5-10 business days if there are no damages to the rented unit and can be held up to 60 days if damages occur that need quotes and/or repairs
- Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund of money collected up to 30 days before rental, no refund within 30 days of rental. Additionally, no refunds will be given for cancellations of reservations during a holiday and event weeks for early check-outs or no-shows. No refunds will be given for cancellation or interruption that occurs due to inclement weather.
- Rental Floor Plans
- COMPARABLE CAMPER: MCR reserves the right to place you in a comparable camper. This is very uncommon but situations do arise where we will need to move you into another camper at our discretion. This would typically happen if the camper you reserved was damaged or needed service, etc.
- Reservation and Signing
- The person named on the Reservation and the Final Contract must have a valid major credit card in their name, present it and their identification and is the only person authorized to sign the rental agreement. If additional drivers have been approved and are listed on the rental contract they may drive the RV, motorhome or trailer off our lot but may not sign the contract.
- We reserve the right to refuse any rental application or reservation.
- Operational Terms
- Rental PickUp
- Please request your desired time during the reservation process. Plan for up to 45-60 minutes for your departure walkthrough. If you would like an earlier time, it may be available, but not guaranteed as your RV may be out on rent the night before your departure day. Fee for earlier departure time, if approved, is $55.
- We reserve the right not to assign early departure times, even if available one week out, to make the RV available for rent for the prior days to your departure and rental period. We operate more like a hotel, not a car rental agency.
- Rental Return
- Please request your desired time during the reservation process. If you would like a later return time, it may be available, but not guaranteed as your RV may be rented back out that same day. Fee for late return time, if approved and available, is $55.
- We reserve the right not to assign late return times, even if available one week out, to make the RV available for rent for the next day after your return and rental period. Please remember that other guests may be waiting for the vehicle. We operate more like a hotel, not a car rental agency.
- There are absolutely no refunds for early returns. The vehicle remains the responsibility of the renter until the unit has been returned to the designated lot.
- The vehicle must be returned clean inside as received and the fuel level must be at or above departure level. If the RV is not returned clean and/or at fuel level below departure level, a $1 per minute cleaning fee will be charged and the fuel will be refilled at a price of $5.25 per gallon of fuel. The Renter must drop off the rental vehicle him or herself.
- You must return the RV on the date and time specified in the rental contract. Failure to return on time will incur a $100/hr fee. If the late return affects another guest’s departure on the same day, a fee of up to 3 times the nightly rate may be charged.
- Rental Delivery
- Delivery site must be free of shrubs, debris, and the delivery site must be wide enough to allow maneuverability for the driver and slide outs of the vehicle.
- Delivery and Pick up fees include setup and teardown of available on site hookups if applicable.
- Make sure to complete the check in at https://firesidervrental.com/checkin either before you hook up to the travel trailer if you’re towing, before you start the RV if your renting a drive-able RV or within 15 minutes of arriving at your camper/RV if you’re having it delivered to log any damages or issues. Any damage or issue found upon our inspection after the rental is over will be your responsibility if they were not reported to us as mentioned above. If the check in form is not completed before the rental end date you will be held liable for any issues found and lose some or all of your deposit. You will also lose the right to dispute these charges as you didn’t complete the check in.
- Fuel Use
- No warranties are made regarding fuel tank capacity or fuel mileage.
- All gasoline, diesel or propane refueling during the trip is at Renters expense.
- Upon return fuel (gas or diesel) must be at or above departure level.
- Propane tank level upon return can be at any level with no additional costs. Your propane tank will be at least 1/2 upon departure.
- Maintenance and Breakdown
- THINGS HAPPEN AND WE TRY TO HELP: Plain and simple things can happen. RVs and travel trailers break and sometimes things don’t work. When “things happen” like: misc water issues, air conditioner freezes from running too much and needs to defrost, a camper isn’t cleaned to your standards or, other misc items, THE RENTER WILL AGREE TO WORK WITH MCR AND HELP THEM TROUBLESHOOT ISSUES AS THEY ARISE. MCR will dispatch an RV tech if they deem necessary. We truly want happy customers and repeat business so we take this privilege to make those judgment calls serious. Let’s say you don’t have hot water in the shower and we aren’t able to troubleshoot with you. We may decide not to dispatch an RV tech if the campground has shower rooms, etc. Let’s say you run out of propane. We will most likely ask you to get it refilled and then reimburse you. When situations arise we will work to try and resolve them, but not all issues can be fixed in the short time you’re renting from us. WE DO NOT typically refund more than $100 for these inconveniences. You are renting a place to sleep and you’re camping. If one of the situations mentioned above is unacceptable to you and you can’t adapt when things happen then please let us know as we may need to cancel your booking and refer you to another rental company.
- Renter is responsible for checking the engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling. Renter is responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal on road maintenance.
- In the event the motor home is in breakdown repair for 12 hours or more, through no fault of the customer, our responsibility to the customer is limited to refund of nightly rate or portion thereof.
- All other items are not covered. These include, but are not limited to, automotive cruise control, interior lights, TVs, DVDs, any audio systems, electric bed or sofas and exterior showers.
- Renter is responsible to change the engine oil and filters if specified by rental agreement in writing or traveling beyond the estimated mileage of the rental contract if the odometer of the vehicle surpasses the maintenance needed mileage sticker on the window of the RV and pointed out during the departure walkthrough. Renter must provide the oil change receipts upon their return.
- Renter must call and notify us of pending maintenance required before performing service.
- MCR is not liable for Renter’s expenses due to unforeseen breakdowns beyond MCR’s control.
- I understand that the campers are designed to properly operate by being plugged into 30 amp (120 Volt) or 50 amp (240 Volt) service or run by the onboard generator if a drivable RV. I understand and will investigate on my end to make sure I have the proper campsite or generator that can properly handle powering the camper (Fireside RV Rental is not liable for any performance issues of the camper that require electricity if renter is powering the camper by an external generator or at a home) and agree not to use a 120 volt adapter when trying to run AC. I also understand the onboard 12 volt battery in the travel trailer is meant to power the CO2 detector and will not be a sufficient power source for use while camping.
- Damage to awnings is very common and can happen from rain, gust of winds, etc. The typical cost to fix just one slightly bent awning arm can be $400 or more. We strongly recommend you DO NOT use the awning at all but if you do, remember any damage is 100% paid for out of your damage deposit. Be aware, since awning damage is so common if your rental was damaged by a previous renter we will provide a 10X10 popup canopy if the awning has not yet been repaired.
- The A/C, heat, awning, radio, microwave, television, jacks, plumbing, etc. are convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, no compensation will be made to you, but we will work to try and get issues addressed while the rental is underway. For assistance, you are advised to consult the campground host which are located at most campgrounds or give us a call 269-205-3349.
- Use and Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED. Since many people have allergies and it is difficult to remove the odors and allergens associated with smoke, we must STRICTLY ENFORCE this policy. If evidence of smoking inside the rental is found, MCR reserves the right to charge up to $750 to PROPERLY clean, treat and disinfect. In addition, any damage caused by smoking materials will be charged to renters damage deposit or credit card on file.
- Towing or using the hitch
- Renter has checked the box above stating they have experience connecting, towing, and operating travel trailers. Renter has confirmed they have the proper tow vehicle with the round 7 prong wire harness, brake controller, will connect and disconnect the trailer on their own and have experience doing so.
- Restricted Use and No Travel Zones
- Travel to Mexico is strictly prohibited.
Burning Man and Electric Forest Festival are strictly prohibited. All of the security deposit will be forfeited. Renter will be charged separately for all cleaning and repairs. Any other festival or gathering must be approved by MCR or penalties above apply as well.
- Travel is not recommended in the summer months in the desert areas (i.e. Death Valley) or in temperatures above 105° due to overheating, which may cause tire damage, tire failure, engine failure, generator failure and other problems. If a problem occurs, you will be responsible to pay for any damage caused.
- Any gatherings or events, which could pose a danger or damage to the motorhome or Renter.
- Travel on Non-Public roads, unpaved or dirt roads and off-road areas are prohibited and may result in insurance coverage being voided.
- If you are traveling to an elevation of 5,000 feet or more you may encounter troubles with the operation of the generator or propane refrigerator systems. If this occurs, we suggest you hook up to 110 volts to operate the 110-volt appliances. If the generator malfunctions due to elevation, please do not use or try to adjust the generator. No compensation will be made for generator/refrigerator malfunctions if traveling above 5,000 ft.
- During the winter months we do not recommend that you travel to or through snow areas, use snow chains, or travel where the weather is below freezing. Tire chains can damage tires if not properly installed and the holding tanks may freeze and burst. The renter will be responsible to pay for any damages incurred.
- Use Violations – The following uses of this vehicle are prohibited and constitute a breach of The Rental Contract’s terms.
- Do not attempt to access the roof or use the ladder. Any evidence of use of roof or access to roof will result in full forfeiture of Security Deposit in addition to any damage incurred. This is for your safety.
- Operation of the motorhome for use associated with any illegal or unsafe purpose or for use in transporting any illegal substance.
- Any drugs or firearms found in the vehicle will be removed by an appropriate Law enforcement officer.
- Operation of the vehicle by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, by anyone not licensed to drive, by anyone whose driving license is suspended, or by anyone whose driving license is restricted because of past traffic law violations.
- Operation of the vehicle by Renter or anyone else under the influence of alcohol, prescription or nonprescription drugs.
- Operation of the vehicle by anyone who obtained the vehicle, or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information.
- Operation of the vehicle in furtherance of any illegal purpose, or under any circumstances that could be properly charged as a crime other than minor traffic violations.
- Operation of the vehicle in any race or speed contest.
- Operation of the vehicle to teach anyone to drive.
- Operation of the vehicle outside the United States (except to Canada pursuant topre-authorization)
- Operation of the vehicle when the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected.
- Operation of the vehicle when the vehicle’s fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect the Renter to know that further operation of the Vehicle would damage it.
- Operation of the vehicle to commit a willful, wanton, reckless or negligent act with the vehicle.
- Renter acknowledges that they forfeit their Security Deposit if any violation ofUse and Restrictions (section C) is found.
- Prep, Cleaning & Starter Package Fee
- All vehicles have a mandatory Prep, Cleaning & Starter fee. This fee includes vehicle prep, operational walk through when needed, disinfectant cleaning of interior up to 30 minutes, propane refill and a starter pack of RV toilet paper & septic chemicals. The unit must return in the condition it was picked up or an extra cleaning fee of $1 per minute will apply.
- Septic Fee
- All vehicles must have gray and black tanks completely dumped and drained before returning unless previously arranged for us to do this for you. There will be a dump fee if the RV is returned full and not disclosed.
- Extra Mileage Charges
- 100-150 miles allowed per night of rental (depending on which RV is rented) Each additional mile is charged at $0.39/mile. Mileage fee may be charged as a separate fee to the card on file used to complete reservation or deducted from the security/damage deposit.
- Generator Fees
- 2 hours included for every night booked and paid for at full price. $5.50 per hour thereafter.
- Pet Policy & Fees
- Most of our units are pet friendly, but require a one time pet fee. If there are signs of a pet and no fee was paid at the time of your reservation the fee (plus additional charges) will be deducted from your deposit. If any damage is caused by a pet it will result in charges to your deposit or credit card on file. We ask that you clean up after your pet. Signs of excessive pet hair or filth can result in extra cleaning charges. If you are renting one of our RVs that has a NO PET policy you are prohibited from having a pet inside the rental unit. If evidence of a pet on site is found, MCR reserves the right to charge up to $750 to properly clean, treat, and disinfect. Some people have allergies to pet dander so we must STRICTLY ENFORCE this policy. Pet fee, per pet, is a one time fee of $55.
- Additional Cleaning Fees
- You are required to return the RV in a clean, broom swept condition. All counters, sinks and refrigerator should be wiped down clean. Renter should remove all food, trash and personal belongings. Your Prep, Clean & Starter fee provides for basic re-sanitation of the RV upon return.
- If the RV is returned and requires additional time necessary beyond normal expectations to clean, we may charge an additional basic cleaning fee of $1 per minute needed to return the RV back to the same condition as renter received upon departure.
- Heavy usage fee may apply if GPS tracking devices show alerts from hard braking, fast starts, speeding, etc . Customers will be charged a $250 to $1000 heavy use fee out of the damage deposit.
- Misc fees, such as but not limited to, mileage overages, toll booth tickets and generator fees can be charged up to 45 days after the rental is complete to the card on file.
- Lost Keys
- If the keys are lost you will be charged $100 to replace them. This fee may come off your deposit if management chooses.
- Processing Fee
- A fee of 10% will be added to all misc charges such as a damage fee, late return fee, toll road charges, etc to cover time and credit card processing fees.
- Renter Disputes
- The process of a dispute can involve hours of extra work in order to submit the proper documentation that is being requested. If a renter files a dispute and is denied by the third party the renter can be charged a $100/hour rate for our extra time in this case.
- Other Fees – Other fees may occur and be described in other sections of the Rental Terms or Rental Contract.
- Renter’s Responsibilities, Requirements, & Insurance
- Responsibility for Damages or Loss
- Renter agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the rental by renter or renters guests, including, but not limited to, damage to the rental in any way or damage to any appliances and/or equipment furnished. Use during freezing weather is completely at your risk in regards to damages to any part of the water system. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, renter agrees to reimburse MCR for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items. If the renter is having the rental delivered renter accepts all responsibility and liability once rental is delivered by driver and until driver picks up rental.
- Renter agrees to accept all liability and responsibility for any damages that occur to the travel trailer or tow vehicle while in their possession. Renter has checked the box above stating they have experience connecting, towing and operating travel trailers. Renter has confirmed they have the proper tow vehicle with the round 7 prong wire harness, brake controller, will connect and disconnect the trailer on their own and have experience doing so. MCR is not responsible for any damage caused while the travel trailer is in renters possession and in tow. MCR will not connect or disconnect the trailer from the tow vehicle, for the renter for liability purposes. Renter also understands any tire damage that occurs while in their possession is to be paid for by them unless found to be a manufacturing defect by a certified repair shop.
- MCR does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons and/or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will MCR accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond our/its control.
- By signing this agreement you understand and agree that you assume all liability, whether collision, damage, or liability for the entire duration of the rental. You agree to indemnify the owner of the RV and the company in any suit brought against them. You are responsible for all damage, loss or theft of the vehicle, loss of use, diminished value of vehicle caused by damage to it or repair of it, missing equipment, any damage claim whether or not you were at fault. You must report all accidents involving the vehicle to us and the police within 24 hours of occurrence.
- During the season when temperatures reach freezing, renters will use a certified RV Tech to dewinterize and winterize campers as needed while in their possession during a rental.
- If a rental add-on is returned with any damage or defects the renter will be held liable and the purchase price of that item will be deducted from the security deposit and the renter will take possession of the item they damaged.
- Tires and Windshield
- Renter is responsible for all damage or loss caused by tire blowouts, punctures or other road damage. Excluded are damages caused by loss, which occurs in a collision, or comprehensive loss.
- On road tire failure is the renter’s responsibility. Renter is responsible for replacing damaged tires with the same type/grade of tire.
- For your own safety DO NOT attempt to change a tire yourself. No tire changing equipment is to be carried in the vehicle.
- If the windshield is damaged in any form, the renter needs to have it properly evaluated, if ok to drive they can proceed at their sole discretion and safety.
- Renter is responsible for all windshield damage while the RV is in their possession. Any damage to the windshield will result in full replacement of the windshield for safety concerns of our next guests or chip fill when applicable.
- MCR does not reimburse for tire replacement or windshield replacement.
- We connect you with insurance on the rental for a fee with a deductible. You are responsible for the deductible amount. This insurance does not cover loss of use or our administrative expenses incurred processing a damage claim. Coverage is void if you materially breach this agreement, or if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by us or our insurer. You must:
- report all damage to us and all accidents to us and the police as soon as you discover them and complete our incident report form; and
- provide us with a legible copy of any service of process, pleading, or notice of any kind related to an accident or other incident involving the vehicle. You are responsible for all damage to the camper that is not covered by the insurance policies or that is in excess of the insurance limits. You are responsible for all damage or injury you cause to third parties and agree to provide liability insurance coverage on the rental through the insurance policy that covers your towing vehicle. If you are towing the camper yourself you must have your insurance agent confirm the liability portion of your personal auto coverage flows back to the trailer while you’re towing it. If you do not have this form turned in you will not be awarded a refund for the rental rate paid. You will not forfeit your deposit though. Renter understands that if they purchase the basic insurance package and don’t select roadside assistance MCR will add this to your reservation and charge you for the service accordingly.
- Interior Damage Protection -This is insurance that protects you from paying repair costs if damage occurs to the inside of the vehicle. (they pay up to $1500.00) If interior damage is reported on the return inspection we will be sending you a link to sign so that we can submit the claim for you. This link may not come immediately following the reservation. It depends on the time of year and how far behind the insurance department is. If you do NOT sign the link we will charge the card on file and then you will be responsible for filing the claim to get reimbursed from them
- Parking/Traffic/Toll Violations
- Renter is responsible for reporting and payment of all parking,traffic/toll violations at rental return. Please notify us of all violations.
- MCR reserves the right to charge your card on file for each toll road ticket received during the dates of your rental. The charge will also include a 10% processing administrative fee.
- Renter’s Age and Driving Requirements – Renter must be at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire rental period. You certify that you agree to and understand the limitations placed on the number of persons permitted to occupy the rental per the description of our ad, and unless prior written approval has been granted by MCR, you agree to abide by such limitations.
- Acknowledgment, Indemnity, and Warranty
- Renter agrees to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us resulting from and arising out of, this rental and your use of the vehicle.
- Renter’s Personal Property
- MCR is not responsible for articles left on premises. There will be a $10.00 charge in addition to shipping charges for handling the return of any articles found by housekeeping. Lost & Found will be held for 30 Days. After such time all items will be donated to charity.
- Failure to Return
- Renter agrees to pay all expenses we incur in locating and recovering the vehicle if Renter fails to return it or if we elect to repossess it under the terms of this contract. Including all costs, pre- and post-judgment attorney’s fees, we incur in collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this contract.
- $500, plus $5 per mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the motor home is returned or abandoned, plus any additional recovery expenses we incur.
- Additional Terms & Misc.
- Additional Terms & Conditions
- The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges MCR, from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold MCR free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therein. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs. If a guest violates any conditions of this agreement, MCR may terminate this agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of this agreement, the renter shall vacate the premises immediately. In the event MCR has to resort to legal process to enforce rights under this agreement, renter shall be responsible for reasonable attorney fees and costs. Renter agrees this contract is entered into in Kent County, MI, and consents to the personal jurisdiction of any proper court located therein.
- Some campers may have misc items left in them from the camper owner. I understand that if towing or renting a driveable RV that any tire damage during a rental is my responsibility. I understand that I may be charged any overlooked fees for mileage, generator usage, etc up to 12 months after the rental end date. I understand that I need to complete the exterior and interior checkin forms before I start putting my belongings inside or I will be held liable for any damages/issues found when the final return inspection is completed.
- This Agreement may not be canceled or modified except in writing signed by all parties. Renter understands that if they purchase the basic insurance package and don’t select Roadside assistance MCR will add this to your reservation and charge you for the service accordingly. This Agreement is not assignable by Renter Renter agrees that venue for any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or Renter ‘s use of the rental (whether based in contract. tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory) will be exclusively in the County of MCR’s operation. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of MCR’s operation. Renter agrees that in the event MCR prevails in a suit to enforce this Agreement, it shall be entitled to recover all its costs and attorney’s fees incurred in that action. Warranties, Releases, Indemnification and Assignment Renter acknowledges that MCR may not own the rental it is renting to Renter and rents the rental pursuant to a third party agreement with the owner of the unit.
- MCR assumes no liability for any training, orientation, testing, or other tips provided during RV walkthrough.
- RENTER ACCEPTS RENTAL “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT RESERVATION. MCR AS WELL THE OWNER OF THE RENTAL DOES NOT WARRANT AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES ON THE RENTAL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE RENTAL OR TIRE CONDITION, SUITABILITY, OR FITNESS OF THE RENTAL OR TIRES FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MCR AND THE RENTAL OWNER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FROM ANY LOST OR IMPUTED PROFITS OR REVENUES OR COSTS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE RENTAL REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MCR OR THE RENTAL OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE. YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF DAMAGE RELATED TO USE OF THE RENTAL SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL RENT PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO MCR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. BY EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT,RENTER FURTHER RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS MCR AND RENTAL OWNER FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY RENTER AND ANY OTHER OCCUPANT OF THE RENTAL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, COSTS FOR REPLACEMENT RENTALS, FUEL, TELEPHONE, TRAVEL, MEALS, LODGING COSTS, LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR FOR ANY OTHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT RENTER OR ANY OCCUPANT OF THE RENTAL MAY INCUR. RENTER FURTHER HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND FOREVER HOLD HARMLESS MCR AND RENTAL OWNER FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER, AND BY WHOMEVER ASSERTED, ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY GROWING OUT OF THE OPERATION OR USE OF THE RENTAL UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREES, IN SUCH EVENT, TO PROVIDE A DEFENSE THEREFORE AS CHOSEN AND DIRECTED BY MCR AND TO PAY ANY EXPENSES IN THE DEFENSE OF ANY SUCH CLAIM OR LAWSUIT THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF MCR ANO/OR THE RENTAL OWNER. RENTER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT AS PART OF THE CONSIDERATION OF MCR RENTING THE RENTAL TO RENTER, RENTER DOES HEREBY ASSIGN TO MCR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION JUDGMENT OR SETTLEMENT AS THE RENTER MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MCR AND/OR THE RENTAL OWNER, TO SECURE SATISFACTION AND DISCHARGE OF ANY JUDGMENT OVER AND AGAINST MCR AND/OR THE RENTAL OWNER FOR ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND/OR CLAIMS FOR INDEMNITY AND/OR CONTRIBUTION, STATUTORY, CONTRACTUAL OR OTHERWISE.
- Return Instructions
In order to facilitate an easy & quick return of the RV, please follow these return instructions and thank you for renting with us!!
- RETURN TIME: Your RV must be back to our lot by the time agreed upon on your reservation. In many cases we have the RV being rented back out the same day and we must clean and prep for the next renter – just like a hotel! Before leaving, please take a picture of all 4 sides of the RV for your reference if needed. Thank you for understanding!
- FUEL TANKS: You must fill up your fuel tank (gas or diesel)to at least departure level in order not to be charged for fuel. (If we need to re-fuel for you, we charge $5.25 for gas or diesel). Please take a picture of the fuel gauge for your reference if needed. No need to refill the propane tank. It’s use is part of our service.
- HOLDING TANKS: Please be sure to completely empty (DUMP) your gray and black tanks before return if you have not prepaid for us to dump your tanks for you. Please let us know if you did not dump tanks and we will be sure to do it for you for a fee. Do not try to empty the fresh water tank – return at any level.
- CLEANING: RVs will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned when you get it. We ask that the unit be returned in the same general condition that you received it. If cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your deposit at the rate of $1 per minute.
- DAMAGES: If you or your guests on your trip caused any damage to the RV no matter how big or small, please let us know. It’s the right thing to do!
- PETS: If you brought a pet with you on your trip, please be sure to remove any and ALL pet hair or shedding from the vehicle to avoid additional cleaning fees. Any pet not disclosed at departure will incur a minimum $200 cleaning fee plus $1 per minute rate charge.
- On-Road Assistance
- Call (269) 205-3349 to be connected to the location you rented from or to get your roadside assistance phone number. If we can’t answer right away please leave us a message that includes your name, which RV you are renting and the nature of your call. We will return the call usually within 30 mins. If you leave a message after hours please understand if your call does not get returned until the next day – we do eat, have families and sleep – thank you for understanding.
- For any assistance needed after office hours please contact the 24/7 Roadside that is detailed in your reservation.
IF YOUR WORRIED ABOUT LOSING MONEY IN CASE YOU NEED TO CANCEL FOR VARIOUS REASONS LIKE MEDICALS ISSUES, FAMILY EMERGENCY ETC WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TRIP INSURANCE OFFERED. SEE BELOW FOR THE FULL DETAILS.
CANCELLATION OF TRAVEL TRAILER RENTAL:
50% refund of money collected up to 30 days before rental, no refund within 30 days of rental. Additionally, no refunds will be given for cancellations of reservations during a holiday and event weeks for early check-outs or no-shows. No refunds will be given for cancellation or interruption that occurs due to inclement weather.
CANCELLATION OF RV RENTAL:
No refund of money collected up to 30 days before rental, no refund within 30 days of rental.Additionally, no refunds will be given for cancellations of reservations during a holiday and event weeks for early check-outs or no-shows. No refunds will be given for cancellation or interruption that occurs due to inclement weather
WHAT WE CAN TRY TO DO TO HELP IF LIFE HAPPENS OR PLANS CHANGE:
We are happy to try and find another renter for the dates that you had booked and refund you what we feel appropriate in regards to your booking dates and what dates we were able to re-book. Keep in mind we may offer a discounted rate to the new renter.
JUST BOOKED CLAUSE:
If outside the 30 day window and within 48 hours of booking you decide to cancel there will be NO fee charged whatsoever and any monies received will be 100% refunded.
SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUND:
A security deposit is authorized to be charged for the booking of the rental. Any damage to the rental unit is the responsibility of the renter and will be deducted from the security deposit. MCR has up 7 days from the return of the unit to inspect the unit for damages and contact the customer. The security deposit will be returned within another 5-10 business days if there are no damages to the rented unit and can be held up to 60 days if damages occur that need quotes and or repairs.
TRIP INSURANCE – Recoup your investment due to unexpected event or unplanned interruption, illness, road closures, traffic accidents, medical emergency, adverse weather, natural disasters, or more.
Trip Cancellation / Interruption Some covered events that apply to Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption (please note that terms and conditions apply): Traffic accident en route to pick up the RV Onset of pre-existing medical conditions while on the trip (if certain requirements are met at the time of purchase) Sickness, accidental injury, or loss of life of renter or a travel companion while on the trip Mandatory evacuations, road closures, or inability to access destination due to adverse weather 24/7 Emergency Assistance and Transportation Much like stumbling upon a bear in the wild, you never know when a medical emergency will present itself. Covered expenses include: Emergency transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility Help to return home, if medically necessary Expenses for one person of the renter’s choice to visit them if they are traveling alone and hospitalized for more than 7 days Injury that first occurs during their trip Free 10-day “Free look” Trip insurance from Generali Global Assistance can help provide coverage for the renters and their travel party in the event of an unforeseen covered circumstance adversely impacting their travel arrangements. The travel insurance plan also comes with: Renter’s can take 10 days to review the plan and decide if it’s right for them If they wish to cancel the plan within 10 days of purchase and have not yet left on the trip or filed a claim, they can do so and receive a full refund of the plan cost Renter’s pay for he full cost of Trip Insurance when the reservation is confirmed Anticipating the unexpected and covering it with travel insurance can help protect renters and their traveling companions from surprise expenses. Have more questions? Read more about trip insurance here. See the full benefits at: https://firesidervrental.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/CSA-Policy-Trip-Insurance.pdf